Welsh Waters customer service advisor apprenticeship programmes are a great way to learn more about front-line customer service responsibilities. Our objective is to ensure that we deliver the right outcome for the customer, at the right time and in the most effective way possible, with an aim to earn the trust of customers every day.
What to expect
During your two year apprenticeship, you will attend on-site training delivered by one of our trusted providers covering topics including, processing customers information, dealing with customers using specialist software and resolving customer service problems, all whilst under the expert guidance of your buddy. This will contribute to the completion of a Level 2 and Level 3 Contact Centre Operations qualification.
Working closely with your experienced buddy, well teach you how to:
- Resolve customer queries first time to prevent repeat contacts
- Ensure accurate data is captured on every contact
- Support in the reduction of debt for our customers
- Adapt to changing priorities within the department, for example, in the event of significant weather incidents.
As well as the on-the-job skills that you will gain while working with passionate and experienced colleagues, you will develop your confidence working in a high volume environment, your depth of understanding of the role and a range of Contact Centre skills.
The time to be part of Welsh Water is now. Contact Centres are no-longer just offering jobs, they offer careers and development opportunities. Some of the most senior managers in the Contact Centre at Welsh Water started their careers as customer service advisors!
What do we need?
As well as an individual who really believes in Welsh Waters mission and values, you will be a person who can communicate effectively and build rapport with our customers, whether that be on the phone or in some cases over web chat. You will have bags of personality and be able to work with initiative.
As well as the above;
- You will need English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- You need to be available to start with us on 7 September 2020
- Applying for our apprenticeship programme is like applying for a job so you will have to go through our application process. You will also have to attend an assessment centre to meet our team.
Applications close at 11:55pm, on Friday 14 February 2020