An exciting opportunity is now available for an Assistant Brand Manager to join Centrica Consumer based in Staines.
Our Energy Supply, In-Home Servicing and Home Solutions businesses are organised into a global customer-facing division, Centrica Consumer, designed to support the needs of residential customers. We want to make people's lives easier, by providing seamless, time-saving services that are easy to use and help save them money. Understanding and satisfying consumer needs is critical to our success.
We build brilliant brands by ensuring the right strategic elements are in place to build future brand momentum. We express what they stand for (individually and as a portfolio) drawing on a deep understanding of our customers, the competition and latest customer trends and insights to make our brands' distinct, meaningful and powerful in what they consistently deliver for customers. Ensuring that we are viewed as a modern, pioneering business with our customers at our heart, we engage those around us to bring them to life, inspiring and steering in equal measure.
As an Assistant Brand Manager your priority will be to help implement the brand strategy and brand positioning and translate this meaningfully for the business to use and communicate to customers:
- Assist across all aspects of brand management playing a key role in delivering Brand strategy, as well as Visual Identity and Tone of Voice.
- Help set the strategic direction for the brand and deliver UK wide initiatives for stakeholders across our UK functions.
- Understanding of the overall portfolio and what each of the brands stands for to help guide discussion on both brand communications and product development.
- Engaging those around us to bring the brand promise to life; and inspire and lead in equal measure as we empower others in delivering against the brand promise with excellence and consistency.
- Helping shape and inform the development of customer propositions to ensure they deliver against our customer needs and driving brand momentum as a result.
- Help manage the day to running of agency relationships ensuring high quality of briefs based on insight, helping shape creative delivery and thinking that engages customers at every level.
- Ensure that insight and brand tracking is always top of mind and drives our decision making as we seek to deliver for customers.
- Help manage our Visual Identity and Tone of Voice to reflect our brand positioning, ensuring it is applied consistently across all customer touch-points, is constantly evolving to ensure brand momentum and relevance with a relentless customer focus.
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S aspiration to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Track the competition and latest customer trends and insights to make our brands' distinct, meaningful and powerful in what they consistently deliver for customers.
Naturally, you have a background as a Brand Manager and in Brand Positioning within a large matrix organization; also, you have a strong creative mindset and strategic judgement and are used to work with agencies and manage multiple stakeholders. Your experience in brief writing and execution of creative delivery across the marketing mix and in in Visual Identity and Tone of Voice is also relevant to the role.
Your skills and background also include:
- Strong understanding of the overall marketing mix.
- Understanding and experience in Brand Strategy and Brand positioning.
- Confident with brand VI and brand tone of voice to both brief and execute against for consistent delivery of brand communications.
- Ability to analyse the brand competitive landscape to help develop insightful strategic briefs and key USPs for the brand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative judgement, attention to detail and enthusiasm for quality workmanship.
- Positive, creative and innovative thinker
- Understanding of brand tracking and applying research findings.
- Experience of working with and managing agency partners.
- Confident in brief writing for delivery against a number of touch points - e.g. brand positioning and brand naming, brand VI and Tone of Voice.
- Team player who is passionate about what they do and has the confidence and ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Pro-active, well organized with the ability to work under own initiative and be flexible
- Proven ability to multi-task and capable of working to tight deadlines on a number of simultaneous projects in a fast moving, delivery focused environment.
Does this sound like you?