Do you have experience in BMS, BEMS or control systems engineering? Have you worked in a remote support centre environment? Are you familiar with asset management of energy systems? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then we have an exciting new opportunity that might be right for you at our prestigious Windsor office.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Bureau Engineer Technician (BMS Controls Technician) . Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver innovative distributed energy solutions.
The role focuses on data that we capture from a range of remote assets including Building Management / Building Energy Management Systems (BMS / BEMS), Combined Heat and Power units (CHP), Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP), battery installations and solar PV installations.
This role is based in Windsor (easily commutable from London with free shuttle buses from Windsor/Eton Riverside/Slough train stations)
We are looking for a good communicator who is able to analyse data from multiple sources, spot what improvements can be made to increase efficiency, present their findings to support their ideas and then design and implement the approved solution.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Providing professional, concise communications to a variety of internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Managing and prioritising incoming support requests to comply with relevant service level agreements (SLAs)
- Ensuring customer requirements are documented and communicated to all relevant personnel
- Managing customer assets to maximise efficiency in line with contractual terms
- Identifying opportunities of energy saving initiatives across a customer portfolio
- Maintain accurate records of all tasks undertaken on our internal web-based monitoring tool
- Analysing controls strategy and historic data to perform root cause analysis
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Developing HVAC, buildings controls and asset optimisation knowledge
- Working efficiently in an SLA driven team environment
- Producing reports and presenting findings to internal and external personnel
- Using Windows software on a daily basis
Naturally you have a background at least in one of the functional areas below, (exposure to more than one is beneficial):
- Remote support centre environment
- Asset management (CHP, GSHP, Battery, PV)
It would be ideal, but not essential, for you to posses one or more of the qualifications below:
- Mechanical or electrical engineering experience
- IT server/network support experience
- Industry recognised HVAC Principles certifications
- Manufacturer certified training courses for BEMS systems supported by ECC - Trend Controls, Schneider Electric, Cylon, Siemens, Tridium
- Industry recognised energy management certifications
- Industry recognised M&V certifications
- Industry recognised asset management certifications
Some of your relevant key skills should be amongst these:
Bureau, BMS, BEMS, Building Energy Management System, Building Management System, Trend, Tridium, Niagara, Remote Support, Remote Support, Remote Services, Electrical, programming, strategy, analysis.