Job Title: Buyer
Salary: Up to £36k + Benefits
This is a great opportunity for an accomplished Buyer to join our existing procurement team, to play a pivotal role in helping our business to achieve our vision, of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained.
You will be responsible for ensuring all materials are procured at the best price, to specification and delivered on time, maximising return on investments for our internal and external clients.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for:
· Negotiating national frameworks
· Liaising with our client’s procurement teams
· Raising orders for contracts
· Upholding governance in terms of procuring from approved/preferred suppliers
· Ensuring contractual compliance with client frameworks
· Resolution of invoice queries and expediting orders
· Providing great customer service to internal clients
Essential Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
· Strong communication skills at all levels - Internally and externally
· Sound negotiation skills
· Previous experience buying within the construction or utilities industries
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses, we help keep trains running and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.