Are you an experienced transport and logistics professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Collections Business Manager to lead our St Austell Collections Unit, working full-time, Monday to Friday.
Joining our team, the Collections Business Manager will coordinate and manage commercial dry waste collection operations from the Cornwall Collections Unit. You will ensure that Viridor Cornwall complies with all legislative, statutory and Company requirements and that all Targets and Objectives are met if not exceeded. You will also manage the compliant and efficient running of Lean Transfer Station.
As our Collections Business Manager, you will ensure Drivers are completing and returning their driver defect reporting sheets and that defects are recorded correctly and cross checked. You’ll ensure that Drivers and Mobile Workers take adequate breaks and appropriate periods of daily and weekly rest.
Ultimately, you will play an active and supportive role within the Senior Leadership Team at the Collections Business Unit with the focus on continuous improvement and enhancing the overall profitability of the operation.
Our ideal Collections Business Manager:
- A proven track record of managing a Logistics operation successfully and controlling fleet operations
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
- Proven track record of delivering commercial targets
- An excellent working knowledge of the waste and recyclate market
- Full knowledge of Road Transport and Environmental legislation
- Excellent working knowledge of the waste and recycling market within the specified geographical area.
- Experience of preparing budgets, forecasts and month end reports
- Knowledge of complex reports and KPI’s and how they are used within a Logistics business
- Excellent knowledge of P&L and accounting procedures
- Proven ability to working within timescales and meeting deadlines
- Good routing, logistic, administrative and clerical skills in a transport or related environment
- Full CPC National for road transport and Full driving licence
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Collections Business Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.