Salary: £17.57 per hour plus Standby rota and Excellent Benefits Package
About the role:
As a Commercial Gas Engineer the post holder is responsible for planning and carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), plus reactive repairs to Commercial/Industrial boilers, including fault finding of boilers and heating plant including the completion of all relevant gas safety check certificates.
- Ensuring that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules, frequencies and industry best practices.
- Identifying any defects found and providing a parts list and estimated timescales to complete the defects.
- Ensuring Boilers are transported and handled in accordance with current Health & Safety Regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
- Carrying out installation, repairs, maintenance and planning operational duties, working with the various systems and reporting as requested.
- Likely to be involved with appliances such as small scale plant rooms, centralised heating boilers, gas heaters etc.
- Visiting customer premises, (commercial), to fit, service and repair boilers and centralised heating systems that have broken down.
- Producing clear and concise written reports in a timely manner.
- Assessing, dismantling, repairing or replacing relevant parts will be a common task. You will also deal with electronic programmers and HVAC controls on appliances such as centralised heating systems.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this role will possess demonstrable experience in Commercial Gas Installation, servicing and maintenance, with a good knowledge of premix gas condensing boilers and blown gas modulation burners. You should be able to fault find on a range of different boilers and manufacturers.
In addition you'll have a good working knowledge of heating systems and controls, working predominately in schools and county buildings within the West Sussex area.
Experience in pipework installations would be highly advantageous. A full UK drivers license will be required for this position.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M+E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.