A new opportunity is now available for a Commercial Manager (Markets and Modelling) to join Centrica Business Solutions in Salford.
You are an experienced commercial manager with Markets and Modelling insight who can lead and be responsible for all commercial modelling activity; you will lead the customer engagement with specific responsibility for all customer facing commercial structuring/analysis and contracts (including support for negotiation and contract completion).
The role will have accountability for taking new products and applying detailed UK market knowledge into a robust commercial model which can then be used to input into customer conversations, negotiations and contracts.
As a Commercial Manager you will lead valuation on complex customer products and services and you will develop bespoke models for Public sector, industrial and commercial customers. Training and upskilling new members of Markets and Modelling team as well as raising senior level stakeholder engagement on changes to market and regulatory landscape are key to this role.
This will be your main responsibilities:
- Reach financial closure of energy solutions for Centrica Business Solutions UK&I Industrial and Commercial customers leveraging on the opportunity offered by distributed energy resource
- Contribute to delivery of short and medium-term CBS targets.
- Engage with engineering, finance, sales, legal and supply teams to select the best technical and commercial solutions (including their delivery partners) to respond to the needs of I&C customers
- Ensure clear internal communication and alignment with the customer to enable smooth progression of opportunities from concept design through to Project Development Agreement/Heads of Terms, Solution Development and Contract close
- Lead in the negotiation of commercial agreements with customers
- Prepare and deliver clear, concise and focused approval notes & summaries of results to senior management
- Where internal financing is needed; prepare associated investment proposals and other governance papers for internal approvals
- Manage stakeholders within the wider Centrica Business Solutions and Supply teams to ensure practical deployment of projects, capture and share learnings of execution and monetization of opportunities.
- Supporting integration of potential acquisitions with rest of Centrica Business Solutions
- Guiding and supporting new acquisitions in materializing their sales pipeline and closing deals
- Business process improvements of and aligning of new acquisitions with UK business by
- Governance process integration
- Commercial contracts integration
- Model integration &
- Third party financing integration
You are well seasoned commercial manager with the following background:
- Strong experience with commercial knowhow and markets and modelling insight.
- Degree level qualification in mathematics or engineering
- UK energy market knowledge and analytics: deep understanding of UK electricity market required to help define commercial strategies and trade-offs. You are able to translate these strategies and the revenue streams to make them simple for our customers.
- Commercial analysis: Good experience of building and reviewing complex financial models showing investment profiles, balance sheet and tax implications
Does this sound like you?