About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager to work on our Edinburgh Trams contract in Edinburgh
The Project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport to York Place and the new route to be constructed by this project from York Place to Newhaven.
As a Construction Manager you will be part of our leadership team who are responsible for delivering the Trams to Newhaven project for City of Edinburgh Council.
General overview of the role:
As the Construction/Site Manager, you will coordinate the construction activities across the site project throughout the construction and hand over periods. You will ensure that all construction and commissioning activities are planned and executed to the highest health, safety and environmental standards while ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic health, safety and environmental management and planning of construction and commissioning activities
- Delivery/management of all construction activities to the time, cost and quality requirements defined in the project plan(s)
- Work closely with planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress
- Work closely with the commercial team to manage onsite costs in line with overall project LBE and target costs
- Risk management for the Works Delivery
- Management of the principal subcontracts
- Preparing construction progress reports for the senior leadership team
- Ensuring the collation of construction completion and detailed site activity records
- Managing the construction/sub-contractor's site staff
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate Craft or Engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- Operational water or water recycling experience
- Strong people management/motivation skills
- Ability to demonstrate experience of delivering complex and challenging projects on time and to budget
- Understanding of SHEQ requirements under CDM regulations
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.