Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh
Salary: Circa £35,000 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the heart of a Data team in a fantastic growing organisation. You'll be one of the main focal points in an organisation that is growing and developing its BI & MI team. With new technologies being brought in to the business, this position will allow you to make the role your own and develop within it.
In this role, you'll be:
- Developing SQL Databases and redesigning ETL Processes
- Supporting the offshore team with development of Database
- Playing a key part in shaping the future of the MI & BI team
- Implementing a new data visualisation tool
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Helping to implement a new data warehouse to assist within driving data insight
Your Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have a detailed understanding of report development using the SSRS tool and be proficient in the development of SQL Stored Procedures for reporting purposes. Knowledge of Microsoft CRM / AX, click software and the Development Life Cycle are required. Previous experience in the Development SSIS packages and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or equivalent source code management system and working with an onshore and offshore model.
SSE Energy Services is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market.
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply Now button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 3 November 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.