We are looking for an on-site Decorator to join our facilities management team at Kings Mill Hospital, Mansfield.
To efficiently and effectively carry out planned and periodic maintenance of the complete range of decorative internal and external finishes and constructions at Trust properties.
You must be able to adjust normal working hours, with advance agreement, to facilitate working weekends/nights, if required, due to access issues in/around the hospital sites.
- Perform maintenance and redecoration of the complete range of both internal and external finishes and fixtures on all three Sherwood Forest Hospital sites: Kings Mill Hospital, Mansfield Community Hospital and Newark General Hospital
- Undertake correctly and to a high standard the work associated with PPM or the Painting Programme
- Follow building drawings and specifications
- Determine what spares, components or supplies are needed in order to satisfactorily undertake and complete the work associated with repair, routine servicing or for new work
- Complete all record sheets and paperwork associated with routine duties accurately and in good time
- Liaise and engage with members of the Trust staff at all levels in order to suitably plan daily activities to meet the client needs
- Be responsible for ensuring all work carried out is to current industry standards and associated codes of practice
- Undertake training as necessary in support of this position, which may require travel to other sites/training establishments
- Carry out work in a flexible manner, undertaking other ad hoc activities consistent with the trade and grade of this position
We're looking for:
- City and Guilds - Painting Craft Practice
- Completion of a structured training programme in painting for a minimum of 3 years eg an apprenticeship
- Fit and able in order to undertake the tasks identified above
- a full UK driving licence and be ability to travel to other sites/training establishments (when required), using their own means of transport and be adequately insured for business use.
- An understanding of current paint finishes and associated products
- Basic computer literacy skills.
- Experience of working in an Acute Hospital Environment (not essential)
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.