Are you a highly experienced Developer looking for a new challenge?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We are now looking for 3 Developers to join South West Water as a Developer based in Exeter / Taunton.
What will you be doing?
The role of the Developer is to design, enhance and support applications, interfaces and solutions. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting specifications throughout the project life cycle, often providing tactical responses to urgent requirements; Applying governance, adhering to architectural principles and standards based on industry best practice.
As our Developer, you will support the organisation with process definition, implementation and change where appropriate, maximising the effectiveness of solutions you deliver. The role requires you maintain a knowledge and skill level appropriate to this specialist area. As our Developer you will:
- Consistently develop and deliver reporting solutions to scope, quality, time and budget;
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of solution development best practice;
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality;
- Help establish, maintain, communicate and enforce established data and design principles;
- Assist in the preparation of software requirements and document solution designs, working with Solution and Domain Architects as required;
- Conduct research on emerging application development and reporting products, tools, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Maintain and strengthen understanding of application architecture so that you are able to perform the role of technical authority as required;
What do you need?
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths and English, minimum Grade C)
- Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience in a medium/large organisation
- Experience of working as a Developer within a demanding business environment supporting and enhancing existing applications.
- Have extensive experience of developing both application and data management solutions on premise and in the cloud.
- Competent and proficient understanding of coding best practice and source control principles
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
What can South West Water do for you?
In return for your hard work as one of our Developers, we can offer a Competitive salary up to £44,990 dependent on experience, plus benefits, working within the established Solution Delivery team, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
We are looking to hold interviews on November 22nd and November 25th.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as one of our Developers, click apply today.