Disaster Recovery Manager
- Job Reference: 10659
- Date Posted: 10 January 2020
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Glasgow (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Information Technology (IT)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We’re committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
UK IT forms part of our Corporate functions that is responsible for providing support services for all other ScottishPower businesses. We know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The positon of Disaster Recover Manager is situated within our UK IT business area, reporting to the Operations Lead.
Working as part of the UK Operations team, the Disaster Recovery Manager will act as the key point of liaison between UK IT Operations and the 4 ScottishPower Businesses, disaster recovery and business continuity functions. Managing communications and coordinating efforts between the Spanish based Iberdrola disaster recovery and UK based disaster recovery functions, the Disaster Recover Manager will ensure sufficient controls have been implemented, ensuring the safe facilitation of disaster recovery management of ScottishPower critical systems in the UK and Spain, as well as integration with ScottishPower business continuity and service resilience policies.
Creating and owning disaster recovery testing processes for ScottishPower UK IT systems, the Disaster Recovery Manager will be responsible for creation, management and oversight of all UK IT disaster recovery related documentation.
With added accountability for UK IT disaster recovery team operations, the Disaster Recovery Manager will create and lead the disaster recovery governance framework for UK IT disaster recovery activities.
Managing all ScottishPower disaster recovery stakeholder liaisons, reporting responsibility of key deliverables for UK IT project and operational activities, the Disaster Recovery Manager will take ownership of alignment to industry standards and audit activity.
Improving the resilience position of UK IT within Iberdrola global framework, the Disaster Recovery Manager will design and own the disaster recovery process for UK hosted solutions, documentation templates and checklists, including ongoing improvements and document control.
Due to the nature of this positon, the Disaster Recover Manager must be able to travel by aircraft internationally on business (potentially once or twice per year)
Skills & Requirements:
* Extensive experience in disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and process ownership (CBCI Certified minimum)
* Knowledge of Project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP)
* Knowledge of Project governance processes
* Previous experience as a Disaster Recovery Manager/Lead (advantageous)
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Significant experience in IT disaster recovery management
* Track record of strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Leadership skills, including influencing and stakeholder management
* Educated to degree level (Computer Science or equivalent level of experience)
* Technology discipline certifications (advantageous)
* CBCI Certified (as a minimum)
* Previous experience in disaster recovery and / or business continuity management (advantageous)
What we Offer:
This is a permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £45,840 per annum. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 10% and single cover health care.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’
* Competency Based Interview, Technical Questions and Presentation
* Competencies: Develop Self & Others, Empower to Grow, Collaborate & Share, Be a Role Model, Focus to Achieve Results and Be Agile
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020