About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a DocumentController to work on our Trams to Newhavencontract in Edinburgh.
As a Document Controller you will be part of our projectteamwho are responsible for collating and managingcritical project information.
General overview of the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting theimplementation of the correct and efficient organisation of documentation for aproject/organisation. Their role also includes EDMS management, from monitoringto setting up new users, and working with all project/organisation members tomake sure all procedures and processes, from document filing to issuing, arebeing adhered to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Issuing documentation externally as the centre point through which all documentation must pass, asper client's governance procedures, unless otherwise stated
- Processing client Project Orders, Handover Packs and RFIs
- Setting up and manage template forms, reports and dashboards (including provision of user guidance and support)
- Managing all relevant registers to keep them up to date (e.g. Project Orders, EDMS users and RFI Registers
- Organising workshops, meetings and training sessions associated with the Programme Management processes and procedures
- Educated to at least GCSE/A Level standard
- Office administration experience, preferably project based
- Intermediate user capabilities in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Previous experience in Hopper and Project Wise Management
- A clear focus on customer/stakeholder needs
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.