Are you an experienced Electrical, Control & Instrument Technician looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Electrical, Control & Instrument Technician for the team at our Peterborough Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), working 42.5 hours a week.
Joining our team, the Electrical, Control & Instrument Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the Electrical, C&I equipment at the Peterborough ERF Plant, providing support to other disciplines as necessary using experience and skills. You will assist in the co-ordinate of contractors as required, ensuring a safe and efficient working environment.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant. You will carry out fault diagnosis and rectify as required.
This position will require response to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours. We require a flexible approach to ensure that vital work is achieved timely and accurately. There will be times when weekends, nights and bank holidays will have to be worked.
The ideal Electrical, Control & Instrument Technician:
- Experience in EC&I engineering of process industry or power plants
- Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems
- DCS/SCADA experience
- Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds/NVQ (or equivalent)
- Understanding of environmental and health and safety issues and their impacts
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, both verbally and written
- Ability to work without supervision
- Able to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Experience of HV SSW to 33kV and system operation would be beneficial
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Electrical, Control & Instrument Technician, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.