Electricity North West (ENWL) owns, runs and maintains the electricity network in the North West of England. We connect 2.4 million properties and 5 million people to the National Grid.
As you might image powering 5 million people to our network requires people like you to help us deliver an exceptional service to our customers across the North West and help us create a brighter, more sustainable future.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Electricity North West as an Electrical Transmission Fitters Mate, based at our Oldham depot, working in diverse locations.
As the successful candidate you will initially carry out the role of an Electrical Transmission Fitters Mate and then go on to start your Electrical Fitter training activities where we will support you to develop your skills and gain the relevant authorisations required to become a successful Electrical Fitter, depending on experience this can take up to 3 years to complete your training.
To be considered for this position you will;
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 City & Guilds in Electrical Installation or equivalent (essential);
- Have an ability to work to the highest Health & Safety Standards;
- Be a self-motivated team player with excellent attention to detail;
- Have an interest in driving forward your own career development;
- Have excellent communication skills, with a strong customer focus;
- Be capable of working independently in high risk environments;
- Have an understanding of Information Technology;
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence (essential) with categories B + E (desirable);
- Have previous Transmission maintenance and construction background (desirable);
- Hold current Transmission DNO authorisation (desirable);
- Hold New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) accreditation (desirable).
We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the minimum criteria and offers will be made entirely on merit.
You will also need to evidence the following behavioural competencies:
- Customer understanding
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal awareness
- Concern for excellence
£24,965.40 per annum
Appointment to this role will be on Electricity North West JNC terms and conditions of employment.
As a business we are committed to continually developing our people. If you are an internal candidate have you thought about a lateral move? This role is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your current skill set and will support you in building your knowledge and experience of the business, as well as supporting your future career progression.
The closing date for submission of an application is 6 December 2019 however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
If successful following interview, the start date for this role will be Monday 3 February 2020.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.