Do you have proven experience in emergency planning, resilience and security?
South West Water provides reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as an Emergency Planning and Resilience Advisor. This role will be based in Exeter with a national remit; therefore, a willingness to travel is essential.
Joining our Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) function, you’ll work as part of the Security & Resilience team and be responsible for supporting the delivery of emergency planning, resilience and security solutions that meet the business needs and future plans. You will assist the Group Security & Resilience Manager in implementing robust resilience and continuity systems, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency of approach and application.
Working closely with the operational teams; you will help drive emergency planning and resilience performance improvement through behavioural change and active promotion of workforce engagement. The Emergency Planning and Resilience Advisor will provide practical advice, guidance and support on all aspects of emergency planning in addition to assisting with the development and implementation of effective systems.
The Ideal Emergency Planning and Resilience Advisor:
- At least 3 years’ experience working for Local Authority, Government, Emergency Services and/or the private sector in a similar role
- Experience of incident management (training, exercising and procedures)
- Experience in an Emergency Planning / Disaster Response / Resilience role
- Proven track record of developing and/or delivering incident management training and exercises
- Experience of supporting business continuity programmes
- Excellent knowledge of Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- Understanding of working with regulators / governmental agencies
- Full driving licence is essential
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your commitment as our Emergency Planning and Resilience Advisor, we can offer a salary of circa £27,500 per annum depending on skills and experience. We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as our Emergency Planning and Resilience Advisor, click apply today.