Are you an experienced employee relations professional looking for a new challenge within one of the South West’s leading employers?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We are now seeking an Employee Relations (ER) Advisor to join our team based in Exeter, but with regular travel in the south west and Bournemouth as and when required’
What will you be doing?
Joining our team, the ER Advisor will support the Employee Relations Team in delivering a fully comprehensive, proactive and specialist Employee Relations Service. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the management of employee relations cases and the provision of a professional service that meets all legislative and policy requirements.
You will be an ambassador of the companies’ policies and process and promote the function in a positive manner. The successful ER Advisor will identify and communicate any significant ER risks to the ER Business Partner and intervene in ER cases at an early stage to avoid escalation by positively coaching managers whilst guiding them in line with polices and process.
What do you need?
- Knowledge of all internal HR policies
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- Previous HR / Employee Relations experience ideally gained working on complex cases in a high volume fast paced environment
- Desire to both work and develop within an Employee Relations team/Shared Service
- Knowledge of a range of employee relations administration procedures
- Full understanding of the principles of a generalist HR role including, but not limited to disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, TUPE, absence capability, performance management and contract variation
- A sound level of employment law knowledge together with an interest in current UK employment legislation and case law
- Excellent written skills with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner
What can South West Water offer you?
In return for your hard work as our ER Advisor, we can offer competitive salary, dependent on experience. We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our ER Advisor, click apply.