The Estimating Team, within Scottish Water’s Commercial Team, are looking to recruit an Estimator located flexibly within Scotland.
This role will involve supporting Scottish Water’s journey towards efficient, value for money investment decision making. You will do this by working closely with our delivery vehicles and other stakeholders to prepare estimates using Scottish Water’s estimating system, together with first principles cost estimating. Your outputs will support early stage option selection and Target Price Setting for Projects and Programmes of work and contribute towards good value for our customers. You will also contribute to providing high quality data to the wider business to inform future investment decisions.
Working at Scottish Water
Scottish Water is one of the UKs leading water companies, the quality of drinking water and satisfaction with the service we provide our customers has never been higher - but we want to be even better – and you could help play an important part!
We take employee engagement very seriously and have an inclusive and collaborative work environment where we respect people’s differences. In 2016 we won the award for "Best Workplace of the Year" at the Hr NETWORK Awards, which recognised the enthusiasm, commitment and pride of our employees in working for Scottish Water.
You will be entitled to a host of benefits which include 37 days holiday a year, a defined benefit pension scheme, discounted healthcare plus a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
To be a success in this role, the essential skills, knowledge and attributes you require are:
- A background in estimating, engineering, design, project management, commercial or a related operational environment.
- Highly numerate with an ability to interpret complex information and present logically.
- Exemplary IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint and the ability to adapt to new systems quickly.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels across the business.
Whilst not a necessity, it would be desirable if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of the construction of water and waste water treatment plants and distribution networks.
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of water and waste water treatment plants and distribution networks
- Experience of proprietary estimating software
- Commercial awareness and have an understanding of the NEC Suite of contracts.
Any offer of employment with Scottish Water will be subject to the successful completion of a mandatory pre-employment screening process, including Disclosure Scotland and eligibility to work in the UK. Details can be found on our website.
For more information about this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 1st November 2019
Please note. Direct applications won't be considered. We are not in a position to accept emailed CV’s.