Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Harefield, Middlesex
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 depending on experience
Clancy Docwra are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to support the Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Manager with all aspects of financial reporting.
Responsible to the Group Financial Manager (and deputise where necessary), you will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including the CFO, Group Financial Controller and other Finance managers.
- Perform the month end closing process ensuring the ledger balances are complete and accurate
- Lead the monthly balance sheet reconciliations process ensuring the schedules are complete
- Manage and ensure the timely resolution of reconciling items with other team members and departments
- Prepare and post journals into financial accounting system
- Perform Fixed Assets accounting for Group owned assets
- Assist with the preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts
- Liaise with other departments and sections of the businesses, providing cost analyses
- Aid the senior members of the Finance team with pre-audit preparations and act as point of contact for the Auditors during the Audit itself
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement, recommending solutions and implementing where necessary
- Submit and prepare CIS returns to HMRC, subcontractor verifications and the resolve any subcontract ledger issues in this respect
- Prepare PAYE reconciliation and payment calculations
- Prepare VAT returns to HMRC
- Prepare and submit financial returns to the Office for National Statistics
To be successful in this role you will need to have an excellent analytical & accounting brain, attention to detail, along with a methodical approach in analysing problems and following through.
You will have good communication skills in order to effectively liaise at all business levels. You will preferably possess experience on large accounting systems such as Oracle or SAP as well as most, if not all of the following criteria;
- Holder of relevant vocational qualifications; CIMA or ACCA
- Knowledge of VAT, PAYE and CIS
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel
- Conscientious, able to work on their own initiative, within established procedures and as part of a team
- Any commercial awareness and experience from within the construction industry would be desirable
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses, we help keep infrastructure flowing and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed!