Are you an experienced Plant or Fuel Reception Operative looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Fuel Reception Operative for the team at our Peterborough Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), working 42.5 hours a week across Day Shifts.
The Fuel Reception Operative is responsible as part of a shift team for the safe and efficient operation, predominantly encompassing the fuel reception and plant areas of ERF.
Your duties will include traffic management, operating heavy plant, operation of overhead cranes, forklift trucks and any other machinery as required in accordance with ERF procedures. Additional duties may comprise of Weighbridge operation, plant checks, site cleaning duties and Tipping Hall management.
Our ideal Fuel Reception Operative:
- Experience in the operation of mobile plant
- Lifting / Slinging, plant or FLT certification
- Experience of safe systems of work, permits for Work, procedures, risk assessments and associated safety documentation
- Engineering, Technical or Operational qualification
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Fuel Reception Operative, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.