Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Gas Network Site Manager to work on our Western Gas Alliance contract in Bridgwater.
We are carrying out a major programme of gas main replacement and associated works across Wales and the South West of England as part of the Western Gas Alliance. This involves the feasibility, design, programme management and delivery of 2000km of mains replacement (470km per year) and 40,000 customer gas connections.
As a GNSM you will be part of our Operations Team who are responsible for safely delivering 470km of Gas Mains replacement every year. You will ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the mains replacement programme in line with the plan, method statements, temporary works and SCO procedure.
As the GNSM your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all works are carried out and recorded in compliance with WW/PM/AR/3 (formerlySEI33).
- Assist and support all engineering and construction activities.
- Sign off completion of mains apps and test certificates weekly and pass to measurement engineer.
- Support the completion of weekly batch headers to determine subcontractor payments, direct labour bonus, contra charges and recharges and pass back to the administration department.
- Attend planning meetings to ensure effective delivery of the construction programme.
- Ensure construction activities are planned and undertaken in the most beneficial, safe and cost effective way in keeping with the ethos of the contract.
- Regularly visit teams and carry out audits as and when required (QMS).
- Ensure tool box talks and team inductions are carried out as required.
- Liaise closely with the reinstatement officer to ensure works are reinstated quickly and efficiently with a minimum impact to the general public.
- Liaise closely with the Local Authorities to ensure compliance with NRSWA and TMA requirements and comply wherever practical to special local authority requests.
- Support WWU’s customer service strategy and handle customer complaints within agreed standards of service as and when they arise
- Work within and promote the philosophy of team working and development across all activities to achieve business objectives and improved performance.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- A suitable technical/professional qualification such as SCO 1, 2 & 5, NVQ Gas Engineering and Management level 4 or equivalent, NRSWA Supervision are ideal but not essential
- Technical competencies: Relevant Engineering, Operational or Professional Services e.g. Distribution/Health/Safety/Environment
- Demonstrable experience within an Operational environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Clear focus on Customer Performance, Service Excellence and Performance focus
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.