About United Utilities
United Utilities provides water and sewage services to seven million people across the North West of England. It's a big job and a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for our customers. From operating our pipes and improving water quality, to embracing new technologies and safeguarding the local environment – whether you're in our head office or out on site, there's always plenty going on.
Our wholesale department is at the heart of the company and is responsible for planning, operating and maintaining our water and wastewater assets.
We are looking for graduates that have the capability to engage with people at all levels of the business and develop into outstanding leaders of the future, helping to deliver our ambitious plans, drive performance and improve customer service in a safe working environment. Sound like your cup of tea?
- This role and the supporting network we provide you with will create learning and development opportunities enabling you to realise your potential and develop a career pathway within a major utility company and service organisation.
- As a future leader, you will develop a high level understanding of the regulatory and legislative framework surrounding the water business and the operation and maintenance of our water and wastewater assets. Through our placement structure, you will have the opportunity to experience both the grass roots operations side of the business and also our central strategy and planning functions.
- We want you to think strategically to support the future development of our organisation and have the ability to motivate teams in order to improve performance and deliver the service levels that our customers and regulators require.
- It's important that you possess excellent communication and influencing skills across all levels and have the capacity to develop strong leadership and financial skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2:1 in any relevant technical, scientific, environmental or engineering degree.
- You will be motivated, enthusiastic and have the potential to develop excellent leadership, influencing and communications skills.
- You will have good written and interpersonal skills.
- You must be an excellent team player, possessing ambition and drive.
- You must have the ability to work across a matrix organisation to deliver desired outcomes.
- You must be able to work in a variety of different teams from operational to office based, be willing to travel if required and may need to be flexible with working hours at times.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment centre on either 6, 7 or 10 January 2020.