Job Title: Regional HR Advisor
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 depending on experience
Location: Anglian & Thames Valley Regions
We have an exciting opportunity for accomplished HR Advisor to join our People team, to play an important role to help achieve our vision of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained.
Your focus will be to help the business in creating a great place to work and a high-performance culture, that is future facing and resilient.
Covering multiple water & utilities contracts for the Clancy business, including sites across Milton Keynes, Northampton, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Grantham, Lincoln, Kidlington & Reading, you will provide best in class support to managers and the People team Business Partners so that all employees can reach their full potential.
Work with the People Business Partners to:
- Act as trusted advisor for the People team on our Anglian Water and Thames Water contracts for sensitive and/or complex HR-related issues
- Use data and metrics to provide People insight to the business to inform judgement and decision making
- Support the People Business Partners to deliver the people plan for the function
- Support the business to have the right resource, in the right place and at the right time including recruitment, creating and managing talent pools, leadership development, succession planning, building capability and employee engagement
- Understand the external commercial environment and be able to identify threats and opportunities
- Collaboratively work with the people team to continuously improve, modernise and promote people processes and maximise the people system functionality for the benefit of all business users
- Collaboratively work on change programmes providing support to the People Business Partners
- Support complex casework investigations, disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Undertake regular reviews of the current structure and workforce skills, against the workforce requirements of the future, supporting the operational team to move from tactical to strategic workforce planning
- Support TUPE/Insourcing requirements
- Act as role model and an ambassador for company behaviours
- Significant experience as a HR advisor providing both operational and strategic support
- Commercial and future focused mind-set, that balances business needs with best practice to develop innovative and creative solutions
- Significant employee relations experience and understanding of employment legislation
- Adept influencer, comfortable engaging and challenging senior stakeholders with highly developed communication skills
- Significant experience and track record of supporting and advising on people/HR related initiatives
- Desirably CIPD level 5 qualified
- A full & valid UK driving license is essential for the role due to the regional cover
Every day we work smarter and greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses, we help keep trains running and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made in order for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.