Are you an experienced Landfill, Plant or Site Operative looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We now have an opportunity for a Site Operative to join our Household Waste Recycling Site (HWRS) in Worthing, working 37.5 hours a week, any five days a week.
The Site Operative Role:
Joining our team, you will assist in the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of the Worthing site. You will ensure that waste brought onto the site is segregated as much as possible for recycling. You’ll assist members of the public and other site user to deposit and segregate their waste.
The Site Operative will monitor waste to determine waste type and quantity, ensuring segregation and security of hazardous and special waste types to provide safe and efficient centre use.
Additionally, you must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions, maintaining high levels of service. They must also be willing to work at weekends and bank holidays (with rest days on weekdays).
The ideal Site Operative:
- General knowledge of waste recycling
- Basic knowledge of construction works and site maintenance e.g. minor repairs to sites
- Understanding of the methods and reasons for segregating waste for recycling
- Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to assist members of the public and other site users
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to juggle priorities
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Site Operative, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life
- Optional contributory healthcare
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras, Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.