IS COMMERCIAL ADMINISTRATOR
Base Location – Coventry
ROLE TYPE – PERMANENT
SALARY - £24,650 to £29,000
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a IS COMMERCIAL ADMINISTRATOR and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
As the IS COMMERCIAL ADMINISTRATOR, you will support the sourcing and commercial management of IS related contracts through administration activities for the team; such as booking supplier meetings, research, filing documents, managing shopping carts, assisting with category strategies, tender documents and commercial management as well as managing low risk contracts. Covering both the procurement processes, from market intelligence to supporting the running RFPs, support the awarding of contracts and the subsequent contract management activities. The services procured are comprised of outsourced, managed service and individual supplier agreements across the IS organisation. The aim is to optimise the commercial framework in support of the Cadent strategy and contributing to the achievement of business objectives.
The IS Commercial team are looking for a candidate who can commence with administration support for the whole team (the team do both procurement and commercial activities), whilst being trained in Cadent processes as ‘on the job’ training and either MCIPS or IACCM as formal training (funded by Cadent).
Alongside the above you’ll be responsible for:
• Supporting the IS Commercial team with administration tasks
• With support, profiles category through supplier research and market trends to assess future contract risks and opportunities
• With support, drives value by effectively delivering tender events for services, works and/or products, in order to meet the business need
• Supports engagement of stakeholders both internally and externally
• With support, eventually run sourcing events with support
• Manages low risk contracts within their portfolio, ensuring contract issues are resolved effectively
• Supports the development of contractual agreements to meet business needs
• Supports supplier relationship management and contract relationship management activities
• Supports the implementation of procurement and contract management change initiatives
• Monitors the performance of suppliers through KPI’s
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Administration experience
• Tracking of contract spend, managing contract performance meetings for low risk accounts, supporting contract performance meetings for large accounts
• A good understanding of sourcing and category management
• Experience of communicating with others from peer group to management
• A good understanding of contract management principles
• Extremely well organised and ideally a proven record of raising Purchase Orders and approving invoice payments, handling contracts, and dealing with suppliers.
• Experience of analysing and presenting data to inform contract activities
• An understanding of contract drafting principles
• An understanding of different forms of contracts/framework agreements
• An understanding of project management principles
• Experience in supporting process improvements to improve the customer experience
• Experience in supporting negotiations with suppliers
• Experience in supporting an evaluation of supplier capabilities
• Knowledge of cost control and working within budget
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ideally a member of a relevant professional body already, or willing to work towards eg. MCIPS and IACCM (funded by Cadent).
You will possess the following skills
• Able to build relationships
• Results orientated and thrives on challenging timelines
• Actively shares knowledge and experience
• Motivates self and others with a positive and professional attitude
• Takes account of new information or changed circumstances and modifies understanding of a problem or situation accordingly
• Working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
• Willingness to learn and be challenged
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.