Do you have proven experience of managing IT projects within a medium to large organisation?
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Group IT function. This role can be based from Taunton or Exeter.
The role of the Project Manager is to deliver software implementations according to best practice principles, by planning, executing, and closing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants, in order to achieve the successful conclusion of projects according to plan. The Project Manager will define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
You’ll develop full-scale project plans and strategies for communications, testing, training, implementation, and transition to support BAU; delegating tasks and responsibilities appropriately to the project team. You’ll identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
Additionally, the Project manager will develop and deliver project documentation; including highlight reports, requirements documentation, design proposals, and presentations for stakeholder engagement.
The ideal Project Manager:
- Educated to degree level standard or able to demonstrate working to degree level
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications would be beneficial
- Extensive IT Project Management experience
- Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience, delivering diverse IT projects in a medium to large organisation
- Commercial acumen with experience managing suppliers and third parties
- Demonstrable experience of best practice tools and methodologies for business requirements capture and process analysis
- Ability to exercise initiative, think innovatively, use problem-solving skills and make well-judged recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to influence change without direct authority through collaboration, diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Adept at presenting complex information in straight forward terms to a range of audiences
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our IT Project Manager, we can offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience; plus, a range of benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as our Project Manager, click apply today.