Do you have extensive experience of leakage detection and management?
South West Water provides reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Leakage Process Manager to join our team based in Exeter and covering our operational area.
What will you be doing?
As a Leakage Process Manager, you will lead a high performing team responsible for delivering the operational planning of leakage detection activity to achieve the AMP7 commitment of a 15% reduction in losses. You will assess current methods of operating and develop suitable strategies to achieve required outcomes.
The role will involve close collaboration with the Leakage Reporting Team, Leakage Optimisation Manager and Leakage Detection Managers to effectively identify areas with the potential of delivering leakage savings and then subsequently evaluating the efficiency of initiatives against the required targets.
The Leakage Process Team will provide an effective and consistent approach to leakage targeting, analysis and benefit assessment across the region. The team will also provide a centralised resource for the analysis and processing of accurate operational leakage data on DMA, trunk main and service reservoir assets.
Additionally, the team will be responsible for analysis of acoustic logging data and the processing of leakage work orders for leakage detection, repair, asset maintenance and capital investment schemes.
You will be required to take part in the Operations Duty Functional Manager Standby Rotation.
What do you need?
- Experience in the Water Industry, preferably in the field of leakage detection and management
- Experience in leading a team and meeting challenging targets.
- Producing and delivering project plans aligned to operational strategies
- Wide reaching knowledge of leakage including understanding of the water balance, economic assessments, industry best practice, reporting guidelines and key industry stakeholders
- Adaptable planning skills to ensure resources are managed effectively to deliver efficient outcomes
- Able to cope with pressurised environments
- An accomplished project manager with a track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality objectives
- IOSH, Health & Safety Qualifications would be beneficial
- Full UK Driving Licence
What can South West water do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Leakage Process Manager, we can offer a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience. We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Leakage Process Manager, click apply today.