About the role
You will be a trainee technician and learn to become an integral part of a diverse Control and Instrument maintenance delivery team at National Grid’s Grain Liquid Natural Gas Importation terminal, ensuring the continued safe and reliable operation of an Upper tier COMAH site’s assets.
Assets you will be helping to maintain include cryogenic equipment, high pressure systems, gas compression systems, marine LNG transfer arms, road tanker loading bays and utilities such as electricity & steam distribution.
What you'll do
- Undertake a range of duties on high pressure, cryogenic plant and equipment including; maintenance, enabling site delivery of projects, commissioning, complex fault investigation and rectification.
- Working alongside contractors within their discipline ensuring the service they provide is delivered safely, on time, within agreed budgets and to appropriate levels of performance.
- Helping to deliver all aspects of the work to enable the maintenance work programme to stay on track and be updated to maintain targets.
- Learning how to apply engineering isolations prior to the safe setting to work from the permit team and carryout the role of site contact under the terminal permit system
- Keep up to date maintenance records of all work activities and operations undertaken using site CMMS (Maximo).
- Be a part of the construction and commissioning of new assets within the terminal, as well as participating in the design of minor modifications and the provision of technical support.
You must have, or be predicted to gain, a Grade C or above/4-9 or equivalent GCSE in English Language and Maths. In addition to the GCSE requirements, you must also have one of the following sets of qualifications:3 other GCSE's - must be in IT, Technical Drawing, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, English Literature, Geography or History (Grade C or above)orEngineering diploma/qualification i.e. BTEC (Pass or above)
To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence, or be willing to learn to drive and agree to security a valid full UK car driving licence within 12 months after joining the programme or as soon as possible after your 17th birthday.
What you'll get
You will receive a starting salary of £17,743 and you will work towards a level 3 qualification worth approximately £20,000. You will also have access to a number of additional benefits such as 25 days’ holiday, full board accommodation whilst away at our training academy and all travel expenses paid for when you’re not at your base location.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
You must be willing to relocate your primary residence to within a 45-minute journey time to the location of the role. Details about when this must be done and whether relocation assistance will be provided will be confirmed at Assessment Centre stage. You will also be required to spend a large proportion of your time at our Training Academy in Eakring and/or at the relevant educational institution.
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 16th February, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid's recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.