Are you experienced in waste water recovery and treatment systems and looking for a new challenge as a South West Water Maintenance Technician?
South West Water provides reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Maintenance Technician for our Treatment team based at the Plymouth Sewage Treatment Works.
What will you be doing?
As a Maintenance Technician working within the Waste Water Recovery and Treatment team, you will carry out reactive and planned work as scheduled to deliver the day to day operation and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment works and Sewage Pumping Stations.
You will provide services of the required quality and quantity, in a sustainable manner that meets the required internal and external customer service standards, whilst protecting the environment. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for operating the Waste Water site and processes are carried out effectively
- Carry out first line maintenance on instruments & mechanical equipment.
- Carry out calibration of equipment in order to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Use the iSCADA control system, PCs and other computer hardware and software
- Grass-cutting and general maintenance in order to maintain site conditions
What do you need?
- Previous experience of operating and maintaining complex processes and working with modern technology
- Proven experience of working with computers and software packages
- A flexible approach to working hours which includes working evenings and weekends as part of the flexible working pattern. This includes participation in a standby rotation
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous experience of operating Sewage Treatment Works and an NVQ 2 qualification in Wastewater operations would be beneficial
What can South West Water do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Technician, we can offer a Starting salary £20,728 per annum dependent on skills and experience + a working pattern supplement (Progressing to £27,122 per annum based on Wastewater Progression Scheme). We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Waste Water Recovery and Treatment Maintenance Technician, click apply today.