Electricity North West currently has a need for a driven, self-starter to join the logistics team as Material Supply Controller.
We’re champions of the North West and we’re proud that it’s our network that connects communities and helps keep the electricity flowing every minute of every day, from when you wake up to when you fall asleep and onward through the night. It’s a huge responsibility to deliver a safe, reliable supply of electricity that calls for switched on and adaptable individuals with ambition and resourcefulness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Material Supply Controller, you will be responsible for managing all aspects relating to the supply of materials. You will maintain and develop all processes and documentation linked to materials management within SAP and the Logistics Providers system, liaising with the framework contractors to support their activities relating to the supply of materials and store availability.
You will also be responsible for meeting and communicating with stakeholders to create and define material demand forecasts and will work closely with them to proactively manage and resolve debt queries. A key focus of the role will be the creation of financial reports, supporting the financial teams in resolving logistical queries and resolving invoicing or pricing queries.
You will also support our financial teams in resolving queries relating to logistics including liaison with contractors and where appropriate attending and leading meetings representing the logistics team and liaise and advise contractors and team members ensuring that all parties are achieving the required financial and logistical company standards.
This role is based in Salford, however there will be travel to our other locations throughout the North West, predominantly Stockport and Chorley so a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle will be required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree level qualification (desirable);
- Proven experience working in supply chain / supplier management (essential);
- An awareness of contractual supplier obligations (essential);
- Working knowledge of SAP and equivalent finance and procurement systems (essential);
- Knowledge and experience of procurement processes and procedures (essential);
- A strong customer focus with excellent communication skills; (essential);
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel (essential);
- A full driving license and you own transport as travel will be required (essential);
- Demonstrable team working skills (desirable);
- Good report writing skills (desirable);
- Excellent numerical skills (essential).
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
An exciting and challenging role within a forward thinking and innovative business. A competitive salary plus attractive benefits package and opportunity for professional support, development and progression.
Sound good?! Apply now, or alternative contact email@example.com for more information.
Applications close on Friday 15 November 2019, however we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
We don’t accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable