Network Technician (Cathodic Protection)
Based in London
From £ 29,325
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. That’s half the UK, Not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in!
About The Role
As our Network Technician you`ll contribute to a cost effective and customer focused service. You`ll co-ordinate work for teams/individuals engaged in the operation and maintenance of the gas transportation system, including managing CIPS and OLI/4 work load, ensuring compliance with PSSR regulation 2000. Alongside you`ll undertake installations and maintenance work on pressure reduction installations, pipework, valves, filters, meters and associated equipment.
Key accountabilities of the Network Technician will include:
• Receiving instructions and requests, planning and organising resources and making appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently.
• Connecting, disconnecting, commission, decommission and maintaining our cathodic protection (CP) system across all pressure tiers. This may involve complex work and/or specialist knowledge.
• Responding to emergencies, participate in standby and undertake testing, survey, detection and diagnostic work which may be of a complex nature, reporting results, ensuring safety and taking appropriate action in order to maintain the transportation system and associated equipment.
• Managing contract to delivery capital investment works
• Providing appropriate training, specialist advice, support and guidance to teams/individuals engaged in the operation and maintenance of the gas transportation system.
• Co-ordinating and providing advice, guidance and support for 3rd parties operating on or adjacent to the gas transportation system.
• Gathering information, preparing and writing reports which may include participation in the preparation of technical information and making appropriate recommendations.
• Working within and promoting the philosophy of team working and development across all Cadent activities to achieve business objectives and improve performance.
You’ll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Working knowledge of Supplier Contract Control Framework (SCCF) and CDM 2015
• Strong experience and detailed knowledge of cathodic protection systems and driving compliance on all pressure tires
• ICORR Level 1 or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Valid driving licence
• Holds Btec National Certificate or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience
• Being able to use computerised systems including (Uptime, SAP ETC) for updating and accessing information, planning work and survey and data collection work
• Detailed understanding of appropriate regulations and standards
You`ll be required to work outside in variable working conditions and some duties will involve significant physical activity.
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.