Base Location: Hampshire
Salary: £25,421 - £33,577 depending on skills and experience.
Working Pattern: 37 hours | Permanent | Full time
About the Department
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What is the Role?
You'll carry out construction and repair work of LV electrical plant and equipment from 11kV up to 33kV. You'll also be responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and act as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
This role can be demanding, and you'll be required to respond quickly to emergency situations; we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need. In addition, your role will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions and there will also be a requirement to undertake standby duties.
What do I need?
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us:
- Industry recognised OHL qualifications LV, 11kV & 33kV
- Qualifications from a recognised training school; experience or qualification in 11kV; Live Line work is highly advantageous however not essential
- Proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment
- Full, current driving licence
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our future employees:
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- Strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.