Salary - Circa £36,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career, at a company committed to investing in learning and development?
This is your opportunity to join Anglian Water to gain valuable skills and experience, whilst being part of a company dedicated to building a sustainable future. Water is essential to life, to people and to the environment - develop your career with us and help us in securing the future water supply for our region.
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Strategic Optimisation Team as an Optimisation Technologist. You'll supervise and assist in innovation projects from conception through to exploitation. This will involve the interpretation of Water Recycling's optimisation, investment and maintenance strategies to identify innovative solutions which support strategy implementation.
You'll work closely with operational teams to identify key opportunities / risks to target innovation activities and with central teams to support and align innovation activity across Water Recycling.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuing projects are researched, trialled and completed on time and within budget.
- Produce, assimilate and interpret information, producing project reports (including benefits realisation) and disseminating the information to key stakeholders in the company.
- Assist in the supervision of the construction, maintenance and operation of pilot / demonstration plants and staff assigned to the allocated projects.
What do you need?
You'll need to hold a ONC/HNC in Electrical or Mechanical engineering and be a cat 2/3 electrician. Due to the high amount of planning required it is essential you hold a project management qualification (Prince 2 or equivalent) or have the relevant experience in project delivery. Previous experience in Water Recycling would be advantageous but not essential for this role.
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
Closing date: 27 October 2019