Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit Planning Manager to work on our SPEN contract in Scotland.
As a Planning Manager you will form an integral part of the MUS Power Division operationally based in Scotland. This Operational division is responsible for the delivery of the Scottish Power Framework Contract throughout Lanarkshire/ Ayrshire/ Edinburgh/ Dumfries. Our objective is to manage and deliver a safe/quality on programme service to Scottish Power and to develop a relationship which enables sustained growth within this key client.
As the Planning manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
• All planning activities throughout the Scottish Power region.
• Ensuring your department plan and schedule all work streams efficiently and achieving a ‘right first time’ approach.
• To be part of the team to implement and embrace new ways of working and technologies.
• Managing and reviewing Service Delivery Office performance including cost of failure.
• Ensuring delivery targets are managed and met.
• Overseeing the management of all functions and activities through reporting mechanisms and business deliverables.
• Sharing best practice through regular liaison meetings with colleagues and client.
• Delivering Scottish powers requirements for work baskets and lead times.
• Ensuring that all operational resource has an achievable and commercially viable workload planned every day.
• Assisting in the delivery of all planned work with close liaison with operational colleagues.
• Ensuring that NRSWA legislation and requirements are followed within your teams.
• You will be experienced in a leadership role and be capable of building an efficient and well-motivated team delivering a top class planning service.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role within the utilities sector
- A knowledge of NRSWA and Streetworks would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven record of managing a multi-functional team
- An effective time manager in order to meet stringent timescales and performance measures/objectives.
- An effective leadership ability to maintain individual, team performance.
- To be instrumental in identifying improvements and creating future strategies.
- Demonstrate an awareness of business and contractual agreements and ensuring procedures and processes are reviewed when required.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.