Do you have proven experience of working within a network, pipeline operation, water treatment or similar environment?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Process Control Technician to join our team in Exeter.
What will you be doing?
Process Control Technician support the Drinking Water Services (DWS) Senior Process Controller in the central control of water treatment processes and strategic distribution network operation. You will also ensure process and network optimisation through the use of remote-control technology and effective communication with the field delivery team. You will ensure the best cost, least energy, carbon and chemical efficient operation is identified and communicated to the relevant field teams in real time.
The Process Control Technician will assist the DWS management team to reduce the number of operational issues and call outs. You’ll react appropriately to process trends and alarms from any DWS sites to ensure appropriate mitigation actions are undertaken by field-based staff. Additionally, you will engage with the Alarm Team, to ensure that the best possible service is provided to the customers.
You must be willing to take part on a 24-hour working shift pattern including weekends. Holiday entitlement is built into the shift pattern.
What do you need?
- 5 GCSE or equivalent including Maths, English and a Science subject
- HND or Equivalent, plus technical training in treatment engineering or similar environment
- Experience of network or pipeline operation or water treatment is essential
- Proven experience of effective team working
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to effectively use IS and corporate systems and to analyse data and information.
- Proven ability to be able to prioritise and plan work and effectively deploy resources.
- Understanding of the operation and control of the water supply networks and water treatment works.
- To be able to adjust and re-prioritise workloads according to operational demands
- Ability to reach sound judgements and decisions when dealing with complex issues and operating in pressurised situations
What can South West Water do for you?
In return for your hard work as one of our Process Control Technician, we can offer a competitive salary of £23,918 - £27,314per annum, plus shift allowance and a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as one of our Process Control Technicians, click apply today.