Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £43,200 - £65,500 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role
Dogger Bank is one of SSE Renewables largest multi-million-pound offshore wind development and construction projects, and as the Project Services Manager, you'll work closely with other Project Managers, Package Managers and the wider Capital Projects Team to ensure an integrated approach that will deliver a successful project.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Manage the Planning team and Programme schedule (Primavera P6) ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Joint Venture (JV) Board and Lenders.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Contractors Claims to determine the validity of these claims.
- Lead Programme Baseline Management and Change Control throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Proactively lead the Risk and Opportunity Management process, ensuring all Risks are identified and are managed by the allocated Risk owners.
- Conduct Quantitative Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (QCSRA).
- Ensure all Project resource demand requirements are captured in the Workforce Planning process and resource gaps are highlighted.
- Manage all aspects of Document Control on the Project and ensure these are adhered to
- Implement a project reporting and governance calendar on an annual basis.
- Produce and consolidate Project Reporting, metrics and KPI's for Project Management and key stakeholders.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who has extensive Project Controls experience, preferably as part of large complex projects. You should have proven leadership experience, managing teams encompassing Project Controls, PMO and Planning. A background in offshore wind would be advantageous, but this is not essential.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also need;
- A formal Project Management qualification, such as Prince2, APM PMQ or IPMA level D
- An understanding of Primavera P6 and Project Planning
- Outstanding risk management knowledge
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative modelling methods
- Be results orientated with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Capability in producing clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
As an enthusiastic and motivated individual, you'll have the ability work on your own initiative within a fast paced and dynamic environment. You pride yourself on your analytical and problem-solving skills and your excellent attention to detail. Creating and maintaining a positive working environment comes naturally to you, as does the ability to motivate others on all levels.
Outstanding communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills will be essential for this role, allowing you to forge and maintain strong working relationships.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please contact sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Internal candidates, please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.