Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to work on our Wales & West Utilities (WGA) contract in Wales.
As the Safety Advisor you will be part of our SHEQ Team who are responsible for Health, Safety, Environment & Compliance on various sites across Wales & the South West.
You will provide the necessary SHEQ support and motivation to the workforce to deliver performance improvements in order to maximise the efficiency and cost effectiveness of activities associated with the safe delivery of Network Replacement, Maintenance and Development within a dynamic and challenging environment.
As the Safety Advisor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Deliver a flexible high level SHEQ support to managers, FLM’s and teams across the Somerset, Devon & Cornwall areas.
- Provide any training, motivating, coaching and coordination for all SHEQ activities within your area of competence to ensure optimum safety performance and compliance is achieved.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with prescribed and agreed standards, and is fully compliant with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of monthly safety briefings and all other types of SHEQ communication.
- Respond effectively to Network incidents and provide SHEQ support as required.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments/inspections on work carried out on the network.
- Undertake technical audits and reviews in line with own competencies as required to ensure a compliant workforce.
- Provide support to deliver the WGA SHEQ Performance Improvement Plan.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all Western Gas Alliance activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in a SHEQ related role
- NEBOSH Certificate or IOSH equivalent
- Ideally you will have qualifications in Environmental Awareness and hold an EUSR Passport and a relevant training qualification
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation, policy, procedures and an understanding of Gas (utility) Engineering or Construction
- a knowledge of appropriate gas engineering codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations would be desirable
- An ability to communicate well with all levels both internal and external to the business.
- Must be able to work on own initiative & as part of team
- Full clean driving license
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.