We are looking for a Senior Dual Fuel Meter Installation Technician to join our meter installation team within our South East region.
The role is ideal for a Meter Installer looking to progress their career within the industry, or someone currently working in a similar role within the industry and looking for a change.
You will provide on-demand technical assistance & advice to field based operatives (including out of hours support), complete site visits & coaching of operatives (including quality & compliance checks), and complete internal technical auditing of the operatives to Lowri Beck’s MOCOPA & Gas Safe standards.
The role is home based, but as you will provide support & assistance specifically for operatives within the below postcode locations, travel throughout the areas will be required. In addition, travel throughout our South East region (and potentially further afield throughout the country) will be required.
- BN - Brighton
- CT - Canterbury
- ME - Maidstone
- RH - Redhill
- TN - Tonbridge
This is a permanent, full-time role working 42.5 hours per week Monday - Friday, with weekend on-call as and when required. The salary for the role is £39,500 per annum.
- Provide site visit assistance and coaching to meter operatives
- Provide on-demand technical advice to meter operatives both in and out of designated postcode locations within installation region
- Provide out of hours technical support to an agreed frequency, covering weekdays and weekends including emergency and business as usual
- Identifying trends with operatives so training can be arranged to correct the shortcomings of the operatives concerned
- Assist the Lowri Beck Field Operations Management Team by ensuring that direct and sub-contracted meter operatives achieve and improve operational targets by maximising performance and customer service, plus any additional support that may be required by the management team
- Carry out quality and compliance checks on meter operatives, external auditors & external agencies (e.g. training providers) to an agreed frequency and standard, compliant with Lowri Beck’s MOCOPA & Gas Safe Register objectives
- Conduct technical Tool Box Talks in association with Field Operations Management Team at an agreed frequency or as directed
- Keeping operatives up to date with changes, and enforcing company procedures and standards to reduce non-compliances
- Observation of new operatives coming out of training to assess training standards, reporting any concerns to assigned field manager & training team
- Carry out meter installation duties & associated tasks as and when required, including responsibility for customer facing issues
What we are looking for
- Previous experience working within the dual fuel meter installation industry, including previous experience of fitting single and 3 phase electric meters
- Gas & electric qualification/accreditation in Metering
- Detailed knowledge of industry metering standards, including Gas Safe/IGEM codes of practice, IET wiring regulations & SMICoP
- Hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Computer literate with the ability to operate Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organisational & administrational skills
- Live within BN/CT/ME/RH/TN postcode locations within the South East meter installation region
Lowri Beck currently installs and exchanges over 300,000 domestic meters annually and collects data from another 5 million meters.
We currently have a work force of approximately 2,000 people across Britain and are rapidly expanding as we accelerate our Transformation Program to deliver profitable growth and become the leading service provider for energy assets in the UK.
If you are successful in your application, your offer of employment will be subject to you meeting our pre-employment checks: Eligibility to work in the UK, basic Criminal Record Check (CRC) & ability to provide suitable references.
Please note this role is being handled by the Lowri Beck internal talent team, and no agency support is required at this time