Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £49,643 to £64,073
Location: Coventry with travel nationwide as required
At E.ON Energy Installation Services Ltd, we are a multi-disciplined construction company delivering exciting projects across the UK. We’re a true construction company working on multi million pound projects to procure, coordinate and deliver a vast array of measures to our diverse portfolio of clients. However it is not just energy efficiency measures we offer, but also traditional building services. At the forefront of new technologies in the UK, we’re the experts delivering for local authorities and housing associations, as well as one off measures for our able to pay customers. Be it Biomass, Heat Pumps or PV, we’re leading the way in regenerating communities and building a better future.
Right now, we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team. As an experienced surveyor you will be working on projects ranging from £1m - £20m in value, taking them from the initial tender process all the way through to delivery, and everything in between. You will be expected to manage the preparation of contracts and the pricing schedule for all types of contracts (T&M, NEC, and JCT), and dealing with any issues that arise out of this. Your considerable experience in tender and contract negotiations, as well as your commercial and analytical mindset will ensure that our projects are performing both contractually and commercially.
In addition to your strong commercial and financial skills, you are also an exceptional leadership. This role requires working across multiple internal and external stakeholders, ensuring excellent relationships are maintained. This could be working closely with our Procurement Team on tendering processes, or ensuring contractor and supplier issues are resolved effectively. You will be comfortable addressing and reporting on contractor performance, and your relationship building skills will leverage the maximum value for E.ON from our partners.
This is an exciting construction role at one of the world’s leading energy suppliers. If the role and challenge appeals to you, then apply below.
What we need from you
- A Quantity Surveying degree.
- Strong financial and commercial experience.
- Strong management experience within a quantity surveying department.
- Detailed experience of tender assessment and negotiations.
- Experience of specification writing and contract negotiation.
- Experience in delivery of project of a value in excess of £5 million (per annum) including EWI, Window and Roofing elements.
- Experience in modelling ECO and third party funding to maximise EEIS commercial opportunity and value to the Customer.
- Strong negotiating skills and an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
It would be great if you had:
- A pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- An ability to think strategically about supply chain relationships, to secure the best long-term results for the team.
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and the ability to adapt quickly to changes to those systems.
Heres what else you need to know
This is a permanent role.
Due to the nature of the roles a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check will be required.
E.ON is committed to being an inclusive employer. We recognise that everyone is different and we aim to provide a working environment where each person feels respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know. For more information click here.
26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Generous pension scheme.
Retail discounts and cashback.
Employee Assistance Programme (a 24 hour confidential advice and support service).