Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on our Scottish Power contract in Scotland.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our commercial team who are responsible for the commercial performance of the SPEN contract.
Forming an integral part of the MUS Power Division operationally based in Scotland. This Operational division is responsible for the delivery of the Scottish Power Framework Contract throughout Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Edinburgh/Dumfries. Our objective is to manage and deliver a safe/quality on programme service to Scottish Power and to develop a relationship which enables sustained growth within this key client
As the Senior QS your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring robust accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and contract level
- Management of key subcontractors, including letting, negotiation and accounting
- Ensuring accurate cashflow reporting takes place
- Updating the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans
- Building and maintaining good client relationships.
- Be an integral member of the commercial team, led by the Managing QS.
- Build a strong relationship with client counterparts.
- Ensure all Morrison and Client processes are followed to minimise WIP (outstanding cash) and keep WIP within the contract and business target.
- Ensure cash is received on time at forecast level.
- Support the production of both Weekly and Monthly CVR’s.
- Ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection.
- Support the procurement and management of sub-contractors and other suppliers.
- To develop and implement changes to process, following understanding of a need to make changes to improve performance.
- Produce and present productivity measures linked to the operations resource to ensure tender compliance.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- HND/Degree qualification
- Civil engineering/utilities experience
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body or working towards (not essential)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge, understanding and previous experience of NEC contracts.
- An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines.
- To be able to react to constant changing workloads.
- Knowledge of service delivery within the utilities sector is essential.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Good organisational and communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.