About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Senior Site Agent to work on our Edinburgh Trams contract in Edinburgh.
The Project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport to York Place and the new route to be constructed by this project from York Place to Newhaven.
Senior Site Agents are responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day site management including health & safety, performance management and tasks in line with the delivery of the Edinburgh Trams Swept Path Contract. You will be responsible to make sure the site is operated in an efficient, safe, customer facing and productive manner whilst maintaining the highest possible quality.
Duties & responsibilities will be:
Health & Safety:
- Completing and signing off permits as required and being responsible for completing van audits.
- Checking training certification and competence.
- Ensuring plant and equipment is safe, calibrated and being used by authorised personnel.
- Completing and submitting site audits.
- PPE checks (TW branded) including head protect, safety glasses, safety footwear, gloves, High visibility clothing (Pro ban for dig gangs).
- Preparing work packs and planning work in accordance with programme requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with NRSWA notices and permit conditions.
- Checking of signing, lighting and guarding to ensure compliance with the NRSWA and all permit board details including permit number and date.
- Ensuring traffic management is set up and maintained in accordance with agreed TM plans and NRSWA requirements.
- Complete and collate daily reporting for submission to project team.
- Liaise with utility providers to agree programme, diversion and permit preparation.
- Dealing with all customer issues in accordance with the ‘IMPACT’ protocol.
- Day-to-day liaising with Stakeholder Liaison regarding site operations.
- On call to deal with Out of Hours customer issues
- Responding to the Escalations team in accordance with the prescribed timescales
- Completing incident reports and attending lessons learnt review.
- Promoting ‘Every Customer Counts’
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence and present information in a clear, logical, informative way
- Good analytical, facilitation and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand management information and solve problems on a daily basis
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to set clearly defined goals, manage time effectively and identify and organise resources required to complete tasks
- Excellent customer service skill
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.