Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £44,800 - £67,200 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. This role sits within the Renewables business within the UK and Irelands leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Solicitor to join our legal team based in either our Perth or Glasgow offices with construction experience.
Reporting to the respective Head of Legal, you will work closely with our procurement and commercial team and will be responsible for providing and leading on legal advice to a variety of stakeholders with varying needs within the Renewables business including in respect of use of industry standard contracts including the FIDIC, NEC, Logic and I-ChemE suites of contracts, O&M agreements, design, supply, installation and vessel contracts an understanding of the finance market with the ability to act as advisor in respect of project financing.
Our in-house SSE Legal function ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
Your Skills and Experience
The essential skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- Qualified lawyer with circa 5 years plus PQE;
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues that are pertinent to the Renewables business, the SSE Group and the Energy market;
- Broad experience of construction law matters including the FIDIC, NEC, Logic and I-ChemE suites of contracts, O&M agreements, design, supply, installation and vessel contracts an understanding of the finance market with the ability to act as advisor in respect of project financing;
- A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues;
- Comfortable working independently and within project teams and leading matters of high value and high risk;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to giving legal advice and support in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrates authority, credibility and maturity in their approach to their work;
- Willing to take an active role in managing and supporting more junior members of the team;
- Has a high degree of confidence in their approach to their work, legal skills and knowledge with a demonstrable resilient attitude to challenging situations. Comfortable in taking the lead in challenging situations and effectively resolving conflict;
Please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.