We have an opportunity for a Senior Street Works Compliance Officer to join our team in Kendal, working to minimise the financial and reputational risks associated with street works non-compliance, and to support Electricity North West’s objective of achieving street works excellence.
As a Senior Street works Compliance Officer you will manage and develop Electricity North West’s 3rd party works process to reduce operational fault costs and lower permit durations on all associated networks.
Working alongside the Street Works Manager to review and improve processes, you will identify, evaluate and support the introduction of best practices and innovations designed to improve street works quality and compliance and to reduce ENWL and contractor operational costs, both direct and costs associated with failure.
Your key accountabilities as a Senior Street Works Compliance Officer are to:
- Undertake street works site audits for DLO and contractors at all stages of works;
- Act as a point of escalation for the resolution of queries and challenges related to the various street works fines and penalties;
- Be responsible for the production of, and dissemination of, street works updates and training to ENWL and contractor partner staff, including SWANS (Street Works Advice Notes);
- Ensure that suitable advice and support is given to all ENWL and contractors to assist in any “traffic management” queries;
- Manage regular street works performance meetings with each of ENWL’s contract partners to investigate performance data from both Highway Authority and internal audited sites to identify the root causes of street works quality and compliance failures to drive and improve performance;
- Represent ENWL at the quarterly street works performance / engagement meetings with each Highway Authority;
- Network with similar organisations, regionally and nationally, to seek out and implement innovation and best practices across the utility sector;
- Deputise for the Street Works Operations Manager where required.
To succeed as a Senior Street Works Compliance Officer, you will be focussed on providing excellent customer service with particular focus on developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders, particularly Contractors and Highways Authorities, to improved and enhance ENWL’s working relationships.
We’d like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience line managing a team (desirable);
- Have an in depth knowledge of the NRSWA and the TMA and all supporting codes of practice;
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of eliminating the risks associated with site safety as applies to the Safety at Street Works Code of Practice;
- Have experience of direct auditing including the practical experience of the extraction of core samples to ensure full compliance with the Safety at Street Works Code of Practice and compliance with the Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH);
- Have experience in the production of street works performance reports and of the interpretation of street works performance data;
- Can demonstrate the ability to improve street works performance in key areas of ENWL’s business operations;
- Have the ability to influence behaviour and decision making to achieve the individual’s desired outcome and to ensure this then meets ENWL’s requirements;
- Have interpersonal and professional skills to ensure conflict is avoided which would be detrimental to ENWL’s strategic visions;
- Are highly organised with the ability to effectively prioritise;
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential).
Up to £40,000 per annum dependent on skills + experience
In addition to your salary we will offer you bonus earning potential of up to 10% of your base salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, membership of a defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14% and a range of flexible benefits.
As a business we are committed to continually developing our people, if you are an internal candidate have you thought about a lateral move? This role is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your current skill set and will support you in building your knowledge and experience of the business, as well as supporting your future career progression.
Appointment to this role will be on standard Electricity North West terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
We don’t accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.