SGN PLANT MAINTENANCE FITTER (PMF)
Salary Range: £23.5k – £29.4k (Maintenance Craftsperson)
Depot / Department: Segensworth / Maintenance Support
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
Overall purpose of the job:
Operating in a team of highly motivated staff reporting to the Plant Maintenance Team Manager, the job holder works within a team of Warehouse and Workshop staff operating from the Southern Maintenance Support Depot at Fareham in Hampshire. Undertaking work on selected items of Plant & Equipment supplied within the SGN Southern business units to the required specification and standard. It’s essential that you are flexible, self-motivated and resourceful.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Carryout Portable Plant and Equipment testing, inspection and repair at the Maintenance depot and 12 other SGN locations across Southern. Equipment categories include items of Safety equipment, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical (Light, Petrol & Diesel Plant), Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Gas pressure carrying tooling.
· Carryout PAT (Portable Appliance Testing).
· Ensure the workshop and warehouse stores are managed and kept in an orderly manner.
· Carryout delivery and collection duties throughout Southern as required.
· Participate in a standby rota.
· Ensure compliance with SGN policy and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with legislation, in particular HASAWA, EAWA, PUWER, LOLER.
· Ensure compliance portable Plant & Equipment is maintained and disposed of as per SGN policy and procedures.
· Training will be provided by SGN. Initially academic qualifications or certifications are not essential.
· The job holder would be expected to attain or have certification in PAT, First Aid, Manual Handling, Forklift, Abrasive Wheels, Ladder Inspection, manufacturer recommended procedures, COSHH, PUWER & LOLER.
· The job holder must have a Full UK Driving License.
Once trained the technical skills, job knowledge and experience that are essential in this job are:
· A good technical knowledge of the Plant Maintenance processes, and maintenance requirements of a wide variety of Plant & Equipment.
· Knowledge of the relevant legislation, procedures and related health and safety policies.
· Working knowledge and understanding of Workshop safety systems.
· Good customer service and communication skills.
What will I get in return?
• Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
• Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
• Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
• A designated mentoring and training programme will form part of this appointment