SHE Manager - Sustainability
Location: Flexible across Southern Network
Salary: £33,398 - £50,211 (dependent on levels of experience)
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for the Environment and Health and Safety. Sitting within the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Team, you will report to the Group Head of Safety and Environment and manage key aspects of the Environmental Management System to support Safety, Health and Environmental improvement across our business.
- Engaging and developing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote and encourage compliance with environmental legislation and company standards.
- Providing advice on SHE legal responsibilities and legislation, particularly environmental legislation and supporting the environmental elements of the Compliance Assurance programme.
- Monitoring internal environmental performance against targets and writing presentations, strategy documents and communications to senior management and the rest of the business, as required.
- Providing guidance to other departments and sites and carrying out site inspections and audits.
- Carrying out senior management review meetings and managing the review of Environment Management Procedures and implementation of innovations, where appropriate.
- Driving continual improvement in Environment across the business including assisting the roll out of our Environmental Strategy and other SHE visions.
This role is ideal for someone looking to develop further into Safety, Health and Environment. SGN encourage learning and development, which is why this role will offer support designed to help you achieve competency and to acquire a qualification in Safety.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve positive results.
As well as plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, this position offers a competitive starting salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude and someone who wants to make a difference. Good IT skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) are important, as well as enthusiasm with a willingness to learn and develop as part of a team. We’re also looking for;
An understanding of how the business operates.
- Ideally an environmental qualification for this role, preferably a relevant diploma or degree.
- Travel is sometimes required in this role so we’re looking for someone who is happy to be mobile.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…