About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are looking to recruit the role of SHEQ Advisor for our Edinburgh Trams project. This position is being offered on a permanent basis and provides a fantastic opportunity to work in an energetic, customer focused team with real job satisfaction.
At Morrison Utility Services we strive to put Health & Safety at the heart of everything that we do. We understand that the services we provide are essential to our daily lives.
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will provide SHEQ advice and support for the Edinburgh Trams Swept Path Contract. This will involve having a working knowledge of the application of CDM, in particular the Principal Contractor role. Working as part of a larger SHEQ team the role will involve interaction with the delivery teams, client and stakeholders. Experience within the utilities industry is desirable but not essential.
As a SHEQ Advisor you will:
- Ensure contract/site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements.
- Ensure delivery of legislative compliance and promotion of continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management.
- Ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract.
- Support operational personnel to deliver their SHEQ responsibilities, whilst supporting and assisting the MUS SHEQ Managers on all SHEQ matters relating to the Water Services Agreement including processes and procedures, assurance and verification.
- Undertake inspections / audits and identify areas for improvement.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate
- Awareness of Health and Wellbeing good practice
- Strong communicator with an ability to advise on SHEQ matters across the contractual area of operations
- Full Driving License
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent degree
- IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental Qualifications
- NRSWA certification
- Relevant EUSR qualifications
- Experience of Utilities industry
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.