Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit SHEQ manager to work on our SPEN contract in Scotland.
As a SHEQ Manager you will be part of our MUS SHEQ team who are responsible for a safe/quality on programme service to Scottish Power and to develop a relationship which enables sustained growth within this key client.
Forming an integral part of the MUS Power Division operationally based in Scotland. This Operational division is responsible for the delivery of the Scottish Power Framework within Edinburgh/ Dumfries/ Lanarkshire/ Ayrshire.
As the SHEQ Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Provide accurate SHEQ advice and support to operational staff, including advising on current CDM Regulations compliance as well as environmental issues.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams and management on SHEQ performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Assist and support line managers with incident / accident investigations.
- Provide feedback on identified SHEQ risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and corrective action plans.
- Engage staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site.
- Delivery of new starter induction training and ongoing training needs for staff and operatives.
- To show leadership, man management, development & motivational skills.
- Attend & chair all required meetings
- Attend meetings as required by the Client
- In depth knowledge of Scottish Power specifications
- Knowledge of Scottish Power Contracts/documentation
- Ensuring prompt and accurate completion and return of relevant compliance documentation
- Continuous improvement
- Focus on improving performance in Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure staff/operatives are regularly monitored and motivated to deliver the highest possible standards
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent communication/leadership skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and exceed client expectations
- To ability to motivate ,manage and grow a successful team
- Proven contracting experience, and an extensive knowledge of Civil/Cabling works within the utility sector
- Able to drive / has a valid UK driving license.
- A NEBOSH certificate is required
- A NRSWA card is desirable
- CSCS card or EUSR registration is desirable
- PC literate with a good knowledge of MS Office
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.