About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit Site Agents to work on our Edinburgh Trams contract in Edinburgh
The Project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport to York Place and the new route to be constructed by this project from York Place to Newhaven.
Site Agents are responsible for the day-to-day management of site safety, scheduling and performance of tasks in line with the delivery of the Edinburgh Trams Swept Path Contract. While ensuring the work is conducted in an efficient, safe, customer facing and productive manner whilst maintaining the highest possible quality.
As the Site Agent your duties & responsibilities will be:
Health & Safety:
- Completion and sign off permits as required and responsible for completing van audits
- Checking training certification and competence
- Ensuring plant and equipment is safe, calibrated and being used by authorised personnel.
- Complete and submit site audits and close out actions arising
- PPE checks (TW branded) including head protect, safety glasses, safety footwear, gloves, High visibility clothing.
- Planning daily activities in accordance with programme
- Ordering materials and plant as required
- Manage resources onsite to ensure effective and efficient delivery
- Ensure compliance with NRSWA notices and permit conditions.
- Checking of signing, lighting and guarding to ensure compliance with the NRSWA
- Check all permit board details including permit number and date.
- Ensure traffic management is set up and maintained in accordance with agreed TM plans and NRSWA requirements.
- Complete any daily reports as required including track sheets
- Dealing with all customer issues in accordance with the ‘IMPACT’ protocol.
- Day-to-day liaison with TW NST’s regarding shuts and permits to work.
- On call to deal with Out of Hours customer issues
- Respond to the Escalations team in accordance with the prescribed timescales
- Complete incident reports and attend lessons learnt review.
- Promote ‘Here for Customers’
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the TW Standards and ensure water quality compliance ensuring pipe ends are sealed, storage of materials, chloros, usage etc.
- Ensure the data integrity of all jobs completed including random dip testing of data including but not limited to; serial numbers (bar codes), co-ordinates, photograph quality on route and task stop-starts times etc. and the quality of backfill material, compaction, and construction layers during the reinstatement process.
- Ensure where possible production rates are met reporting any issues or slippages to their manager
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence and present information in a clear, logical, informative way
- Good analytical, facilitation and problem solving skills with the ability to understand management information and solve problems on a daily basis
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to set clearly defined goals, manage time effectively and identify and organise resources required to complete tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
- Working Pattern: Monday - Friday - Possibility of some weekend working or On call duties
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.