About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit Stakeholder Liaison Officers to work on our Edinburgh Trams contract in Edinburgh
The Project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport to York Place and the new route to be constructed by this project from York Place to Newhaven.
To improve the level of service we deliver to our customers and maximise our customer satisfaction scores, communicate directly with our customers on the door step while working collaboratively with the operational teams and site managers. Identify customers who will require further assistance while work is ongoing and ensure there are structured handovers to the operational teams onsite. Working on the Trams to Newhaven project you will be an integral part of the efficient delivery of this project.
- Ensure each customer knows who to contact for an enquiry, when work will start and finish and problem solve any concerns they may have about the work.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with operational peers.
- Adopt a proactive approach when liaising with customers and the community.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the local authorities, customer team and operational staff.
- Attend regular planning meetings when required.
Requirements, experience and qualifications
We will train you on everything you need to know about our services, but we’re looking for enthusiastic, positive individuals who are natural at providing an excellent customer experience.
- You will need the ability to work in an organised, professional manner, providing high levels of customer service in all verbal and written communications.
- You must be able to deliver strong communication skills and have the flexibility to work efficiently, both as part of a team, and individually.
- You will be required to effectively and concisely answer customer queries.
- You must be able to react calmly and be able to assess situations with both understanding and objectivity; showing patience and professionalism in any scenario.
- You must be able to demonstrate empathy for the customer and be able take responsive action to resolve customer queries.
- Previous utility industry knowledge and experience is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Word and Excel
- Achievement Motivation ? The drive and energy to produce excellent results and to continually find ways of improving relationships, outputs and processes.
- Decisiveness ? The ability and readiness to make timely practical and resource effective decisions and to act on conclusions reached
- Communication skills – The drive and ability to exchange appropriate information with relevant people at the right time. The desire and skills to seek first to understand as well as to be understood. To be as open as confidentiality allows.
- Corporate Representation ? The enthusiasm and ability to lead by example and to project a positive and professional image of DCWW with all contacts and stakeholders at all times.
- Initiative ? The ability to actively influence events rather than passively accept them. The ability to see opportunities and to act on them.
- Ownership and reliability – The readiness to take responsibility for projects or issues and to be accountable for their timely delivery and quality.
- Teamwork ? The belief in the value of synergy; the drive and ability to work with others to achieve a common goal in an optimally effective way.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.