Salary: £22.8k - £25.3k (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Location: Bexhill / Eastbourne area or Medway, Kent
What does a Support Driver do?
Assist with delivery and collection of boards, barriers and van stock to operational sites across East Kent Depot.
· Carrying out deliveries of NRSWA compliant equipment to sites in a timely manner and ensuring site clearance is complete to mitigate the risk of penalty charge from local authorities.
· The role will also include the delivery of materials to teams working on site.
· Some supporting standby duties will also be required.
· Stores co-ordination duties.
Do you have what we are looking for?
The successful candidate requires the following:
· A flexible attitude to work, and willingness to take on new skills.
· Good communication and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public.
· You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in a standby rota.
· Some experience or aptitude in the use of smart phones/tablets would be an advantage.
· A full UK license is required.
· Accreditation for towing trailers and up to 7.5t preferred but not essential.
· Some knowledge of the gas industry would be an advantage.
· NRSWA tickets units 1 and 2 and a drivers CPC qualification card would be an advantage.
What will I get in return?
• Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
• Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
• Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
• A designated mentoring and training programme will form part of this appointment
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.